Your Information - The personal information of Ideathon users that is collected in the registration process. Including but not limited to name, address, telephone number, email address and resume.
Ideator - Registered Ideathon users who submit potential solutions to Challenges that are posted on the site located www.ideathon.biz (the “ Site ”).
Ideathon Challenge(s)/Challenge(s) - Specific problems of individual organizations that are posted for users to try and solve.
Corporates(s) - The businesses or other entities that post Challenges to be worked on by Ideators.
Challenge Reward(s) - The monetary or other compensation awarded to the winning Ideator(s) of a Challenge. The Challenge Rewards are standard, unless specifically chosen by The Corporates.
Confidential Information - All non-public information, written or oral, disclosed through any means of communication by Corporates or any Ideator in connection with the Challenge and any Solution.
Reward(s) - Any monetary or other compensation given to Ideators for their activity on the website.
Solution(s) - A proposal or idea submitted by a Ideator for any individual Ideathon Challenge.
Winning Solution - A Solution that is chosen as the recipient of the Challenge Reward for a specific Ideathon Challenge.
Challenge Brief - The document created for each Ideathon Challenge that describes the nature of the Challenge, and the specific deliverables that Ideators must submit in order to be eligible to win the Challenge Reward.
Challenge-Specific Provisions - Additional terms and conditions outlined for a particular Challenge that a Corporates stipulates must be agreed to by participating Ideators.
1. The Site . This Site provides a service whereby Corporatess may post Ideathon Challenges to source ideas or use Ideathon’s database to identify and recruit potential job candidates from among the pool of Ideathon Ideators. Corporatess may be commercial enterprises, not-for-profit organizations, local, state, or federal governments or other entities. By using this Site, you acknowledge that Ideathon does not control in any manner the nature, quality, legality or timing of Ideathon Challenges. You agree that Ideathon is a neutral forum for Ideathon Challenges to be posted, and Solutions to be submitted.
Ideathon will use reasonable efforts to keep postings related to the results of Solutions and Challenge Rewards paid as current as possible. However, we do not guarantee that the postings or content on this Site will be current at all times.
2. Eligibility . The site is only available for use by users above 18 years of age, or otherwise under applicable law, or individuals or organizations who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law or minors only under direct supervision of parents or legal guardians who can form legally binding contracts or participate in transactions on behalf of the minors. If you do not qualify, please do not use the Site. If you reside in a country that is prohibited by law, regulation, treaty or administrative act from entering into trade relations with People’s Republic of Bangladesh or its citizens, you may not use this Site.
3. Ideator Registration . To be eligible to solve Ideathon Challenges (as further described below) and access information on the Site, you must register as a Ideator and agree to the Terms and Conditions set forth in this document, as well as any additional terms and conditions stipulated by individual Corporatess. You may cancel your registration at any time by contacting email@example.com. As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a password and a login name. For minor’s registration, the user must provide information about his/her parent(s) or legal guardian as per Ideathon’s requirement. You agree that your registration information at all times correctly represents your own identity, your professional affiliation, experience, qualifications and ability to transact business. You may not use a login name of another Ideator or user. You may not disclose or share your password to any third parties or use your password for any unauthorized purposes. You agree to notify Ideathon at firstname.lastname@example.org of any unauthorized use of your account or breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of your password or login information. Remember, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password(s).
4. Corporates Registration. To be eligible to post Challenges and access information on the Site, you must register as a Corporate and agree to the Terms and Conditions set forth in this document, as well as any additional terms and conditions stipulated by Ideathon. As part of the registration process, you will be asked to select a password and a login name. You agree that your registration information at all times correctly represents your professional affiliation, experience, qualifications and ability to transact business. You may not use a login name of another Corporates. Additionally, by creating a challenge, you grant Ideathon a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicenseable, perpetual, irrevocable license to copy, display, upload, perform, distribute, store, modify and otherwise use your Ideathon Challenge Brief. You also agree to pick a Winning Solution for the Challenge and agree that Ideathon will pay a Reward to the Ideator who submits the Winning Solution from the fees you pay for the Challenge. You also agree that, you will not create a challenge that incites narcotic usage, pornography, child abuse, suicide, homicide, genocide or any activity that is deemed as criminal by law or anything else that is prohibited by the regional/national law. For any challenge involving the aforementioned subjects, Ideathon retains the right to restrict or remove the challenge from the Site and will not be liable to any legal responsibility.
5. . Others’ Information. Ideathon does not guarantee the accuracy of the Site or ownership of any information in a Ideathon Challenge Brief or the availability of any Challenge Reward, unless otherwise stated in a Ideathon Challenge Brief. While Ideathon believes such information to be posted in good faith, Ideathon does not control the information provided by others that is made available through the Site. Other user’s information may be inaccurate. You agree to look solely to the Corporates for any claims you may have regarding their information. If you (the Ideator) have a dispute with another user of the services (whether a Ideator, Corporates or otherwise), you hereby release Ideathon from all claims of any kind arising out of such dispute.
Additionally, Ideators represent and warrant that Your Content will be accurate and will not (a) infringe any third party’s copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy, (b) violate any law (including without limitation those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising), or (c) be libelous, unlawfully threatening, or unlawfully harassing. All Ideators may be asked to make legally binding warranties and representations to Ideathon and the Corporates in relation to a Solution that you submit.
You understand that the operation of the Site, including Your Content, may be unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices and (c) transmission to our third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to operate and maintain the Site. Although we strives to keep Your Content secure, given the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that we will be successful in doing so. Accordingly, you acknowledge that you bear sole responsibility for adequate security, protection and backup of Your Content. We will have no liability to you for any unauthorized access or use of any of Your Content, or any corruption, deletion, destruction or loss of any of Your Content.
7. Conveyance of Ownership of Intellectual Property. If you submit a Solution in response to a Ideathon Challenge Brief, you agree that you are the owner of the submitted Solution and that you are legally free to make the disclosure and to convey the intellectual property rights being offered to the Corporates. You also agree that your Solution is subject to the additional terms and conditions in any applicable Ideator agreement or Challenge-Specific Provision. By submitting a Solution, all Ideators agree to grant and hereby grant to the Corporates the intellectual property rights contained within their Solutions, regardless of whether any such Solution is a Winning Solution, and understand their Solutions may be used by the Corporates as they see fit. All Corporatess agree that at least one Winning Solution will be chosen for each Challenge Brief, with an accompanying Challenge Reward paid by Ideathon to the Ideator who provided the Winning Solution.
8. Payment of Rewards. Payment of Challenge Rewards will be handled in accordance with the terms set forth in the Ideathon Challenge Brief and/or its applicable Ideator agreement or Challenge-Specific Provision. The conditions for qualifying for a particular Challenge Reward shall be as set forth on the Site in connection with that particular Ideathon Challenge Brief and may include a list of excluded Solutions. The decision as to qualifying criteria and conditions and whether to accept a Solution is entirely within the discretion of the Corporates. For Challenge Rewards and all other Rewards, Ideathon reserves the right to refuse payment and/or delivery at its own discretion.
Payment of any Challenge Reward is conditioned your cooperation with Ideathon’s verification procedures. The Challenge Reward will be paid to you locally, in your local currency (only payable in BDT and in Bangladesh till otherwise specified) on the date of the disbursement by Ideathon via legally approved transaction channels. Ideathon is not responsible for payment of any A Challenge Reward, or any part of any Challenge Reward, to any party other than to the Ideator through whom the Solution was submitted to Ideathon. You understand that any Challenge Reward represents a complete payment, net of any local taxes that Ideathon may be required to withhold, and that you are not entitled to any other compensation of any kind. If local law does not require withholding of taxes, all taxes on Awards shall be your sole responsibility.
9. Site Limited License. (a) Ideathon shall retain all ownership in the Site and all content generated by it that is displayed on the Site. Ideathon grants you a nonexclusive, revocable right to use the Site provided that you do not (i) copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, or (ii) modify or attempt to modify the Site in any manner or form except that you have the right to modify your self-generated content on the Site. The license granted to you by Ideathon is a limited license to access and make personal use of this Site and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of Ideathon. This Site or any portion of this Site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Ideathon. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including Challenge descriptions, images, text, page layout, or form) of Ideathon without express written consent. You may not use any meta tags or any other "hidden text" utilizing Ideathon’s name or trademarks without the express written consent of Ideathon. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Ideathon. You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of Ideathon.biz so long as the link does not portray Ideathon, or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter. You may not use any Ideathon logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written permission.
10. Compliance with Rules. You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere with the proper working of the Site or which is intended to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. You agree not to take any action (including without limitation, spamming) that imposes an unreasonable load on our infrastructure. You agree not to take any actions which may undermine the integrity of our system or the services, such as: leaving feedback or ratings for yourself; using the Site in violation of local, state, national or international law; uploading of files or content that contain material that violates the intellectual property rights of any third party. You are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding your use of the Site and the transfer of the technologies or information with which you are involved, including without limitation, import/export requirements, and Ideathon expressly disclaims any liability or responsibility thereto. You will comply with any codes of conduct, policies or other notices we provide you or publish on the Site, and you shall promptly notify us if you learn of a security breach related to the Site or our services.
11. No Warranties. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". NEITHER IDEATHON NOR CORPORATES MAKES ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, RESPECTING THE SERVICES.
12. Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer. Ideathon has no control over, and is not responsible for the acts or omissions of Corporatess, or the quality or legality of the Solutions sought thereby. Ideathon does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any Ideathon Challenge Brief, nor endorse any Corporates. IDEATHON SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS, EXPENSES OR OTHER COSTS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES) YOU SUFFER OR INCUR AS A RESULT OF THIRD PARTY CLAIMS RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL IDEATHON OR A CORPORATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) OR FOR ANY DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF $100 REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE. You agree that you will be responsible for, and at the request of Ideathon or Corporates, defend Ideathon and/or Corporates from, third party claims arising out of information you provide to Ideathon or Corporates for publication, any breach by you of this agreement.
You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of this Site or Ideathon’s services must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action accrues, or be forever barred.
13. Harmful Substances. PLEASE NOTE THAT UNDERTAKING WORK RELATED TO IDEATHON CHALLENGE STATEMENTS POSTED ON THE SERVICE MAY REQUIRE THE USE OR SYNTHESIS OF BIOLOGICS OR CHEMICALS THAT COULD BE BACTERIALLY MUTAGENIC, TOXIC, CARCINOGENIC OR OTHERWISE HARMFUL TO YOU AND ANYONE ELSE THAT IS EXPOSED TO THEM, AND YOU UNDERTAKE THE CREATION OF SUCH PROPOSED SOLUTIONS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
14. Other Contracts, Confidentiality. You agree that you will not disclose to Ideathon or its affiliates, or to any Corporates, any information which you are under an existing contractual or other legal obligation to maintain in confidence or otherwise do not have the right to sell or license. You agree that you will not discuss or release any Confidential Information which belongs to you, other parties, or the Corporates related to any Ideathon Challenge.
15. Third-Party Web Site Links. The Site may contain links to Web sites operated by parties other than Ideathon. Such links are provided for reference only and Ideathon does not control such Web sites and is not responsible for their contents. Ideathon's inclusion of links to such Web sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such Web sites or any association with their operators.
16. No Third Party Reliance. You agree that you will not present to third parties any content or material in a manner that could be construed as conveying sponsorship, endorsement, option, or representation or warranty of Ideathon. This agreement shall have no third party beneficiaries, other than certain Corporatess in accordance with the terms of the applicable Ideator Agreement or Challenge-Specific Agreement.
17. Copyright. All content included on this Site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Ideathon or its Corporatess and protected by People’s Republic of Bangladesh and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of Ideathon or its Corporates and protected by Cory Right Act ,2000 of People’s Republic of Bangladesh. All software used on this site is the property of Ideathon or its software suppliers and protected by People’s Republic of Bangladesh and international copyright laws.
18. Termination. You are responsible for properly terminating your account. We reserve the right to (i) modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Site or our services (or any part thereof) and (ii) refuse any and all current and future use of the Site or our services (or any part thereof), suspend or terminate your account (any part thereof) or use of the Site or our services (or any part thereof) and remove and discard any of Your Content in the Site or our services (or any part thereof), for any reason, including if we believe that you have violated these terms and conditions. We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuation of the Site or our services (or any part thereof). All of Your Content on the Service may be permanently deleted by us upon any termination of your account in its sole discretion.
19. Indemnification. You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Ideathon, Corporates and their respective affiliates from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising or resulting from your breach of these terms and conditions, any of Your Content that is uploaded, posted or otherwise transmitted to the Site using your account, or your other access, contribution to, use or misuse of the Site or any of our services. We shall provide notice to you of any such claim, suit or demand. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter which is subject to indemnification under this section. In such case, you agree to cooperate with any reasonable requests assisting our defense of such matter.
20. Miscellaneous. This Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of People’s Republic of Bangladesh (excluding any rules governing choice of laws) any legal proceeding arising out of this Agreement will occur in People’s Republic of Bangladesh. This Agreement will be binding on and will inure to the benefit of the legal representatives, successors and assigns of the parties hereto. This Agreement (and the policies referenced herein and incorporated by reference) constitutes the entire agreement between Ideathon and you with respect to the subject matter hereof, and you have not relied upon any promises or representations by Ideathon with respect to the subject matter except as set forth herein. You shall not assign this Agreement or assign any rights or delegate any obligations hereunder, in whole or in part, whether voluntarily or by operation of law.